[muglo] Synchronizing Calendars

  • From: Ian Royce <iroyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:30:27 -0400

Hi Gang,

I use a PC w XP at my office and a Mac w OSX 10.3.2 at home ... My
email/calendar clients are Outlook on a MS Exchange Server on the PC and MS
Entourage on the Mac.

I have been trying to synch these two calendars by sending appointments
through email from one to the other ... Suffice to say that this is quite
tedious and inevitably it caused a scheduling problem yesterday because I
was not diligent enough in keeping up with my system!

The PC could share a calendar with another PC using Exchange Server but I
don't know how to jump to a non Exchange Server machine let alone when it is
a Mac.

Does anyone know if there is something that I am missing here which could
allow me to share a calendar between these two entities?

Does anyone have a good, easy way of synchronizing schedules between PC and
Mac?

I have heard about web based calendars ... Does anyone have any suggestions
about these? I have resisted to some degree because it would probably mean
that my calendar part of Outlook and Entourage would become redundant and I
do use the Outlook calendar to send appointments to my office colleagues.

Regards, Ian

BTW: I am using an iBook and it has been very satisfactory.

Ian Royce
125 Brooker Boulevard
The Blue Mountains, ON  L9Y 3Z2

Mailing: Box 3216, RR3 Collingwood, ON  L9Y3Z2

Home: 705-443-8694
Cell: 705-441-2884
E-mail: iroyce@xxxxxxxxxxxx