[muglo] Re: Rogers

  • From: Eurogarth <eurogarth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:21:47 -0500

While I agree that the personnel is getting better, the system still
is quite mac-unfriendly... I still can't use the "chat with a service
tech" utility as it only comes in that wonderful .exe flavour! That
is pretty outrageous given the number of mac's using Rogers is
dramatically increased over the past 2 years by Rogers' own
admissions!  I found the "chat with a technician" utility incredibly
worthwhile when I had my PeeCees kicking around (probably needed it
more though thanx to Windon't-wanna!)

Garth.

On Feb 15, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Doug Bale wrote:

--- On Sun, 2/15/09, Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> . . . maybe we have a good rep here but the so far I
> haven't had a
> problem...
> I guess it depends on your Rogers local area
> representative...

It does seem to me that Rogers personnel have been somewhat more
helpful lately (except for the dodos who redesigned the TV movies-on-
demand setup, which even customer support admits is an
embarrassment). But their Internet service now at least recognizes
the Macintosh platform. They still don't overtly support anything but
Windoze, but calling them usually turns up someone who can
troubleshoot any Mac problems. Only a few years ago, they'd just
shrug you off.
Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/
lsg2.cgi>