[muglo] Re: QuickTime vs.iTunes

  • From: 'TDK' Tim Kearn <kearn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:05:48 -0400

on 8/11/02 4:29 PM, K. Hochmann at khochman@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am digitizing old, precious LP's. So far, each completed capture is
> stored as an iTunes savvy file with its iTunes icon.
>
> Yesterday I installed QuickTime 6. Now all music files come up as
> QuickTime files.
>
> How do I go about disabling QuickTime, and what must I do to make iTunes
> the app of choice?
>
> Karl

Hi Karl,

Sorry for the late reply, but thought this might help.
Try this freeware app 'iTuner', the link is to Version Tracker.com

http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=13789&db=mac

Allows you to change the icon to iTunes each at a time or by the folder.
There are others also, search uner 'iTunes'.

By the way, what did you use as software to digitize your LP tracks? Will be
starting this myself, as I just got a burner!

Tim

--
http://homepage.mac.com/timmer21

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>