[muglo] Re: Panther

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:43:07 -0500

On 19-Mar-06, at 2:47 PM, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> You've got a lot of mixed information in there.

Not Really, there are two Paragraphs & Two different scenarios.

> Is your Tiger disk perhaps a restricted disk -- i.e., you should only
> be using it on a particular type of Mac?

No. It is the version for G4 Laptops, newly from Apple with my new 1.5
Gig.

> Library folder in the System Folder? Huh. This should NEVER be the
> case! The only libraries that exist should be:
> /Library
> ~/Library (where ~ means "home"... i.e. /Users/tee/Library)

Exactly! I've never seen only a Library in a System folder before, at
least one that didn't have all the other folders in it.
> Reset the HD? Do you mean format the HD? Did you boot into the
> installer and open up the disk utility?
>
> Eric.

Yes, Format & of course I booted etc. Monday Larry will have to contact
the previous owner & ask what he did; he is supposed to supply the
original disks anyway.
Just wondered if there was another way to format the drive, but it's
Larrys problem now.

BTW despite this problem, the new owner is a 100% convert to the Mac. A
photographer/Travel writer who was having horrendous problems with a
Pentium III Toshiba Satalite laptop & importing her photos. Also found
out that the 3 guys at Stan Reade camera store all use Macs, 2
converts, 1 original Mac person.
TTFN,
TeeC

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html