[muglo] OT-re-installing Windows 2000 on Dell P3

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 07:21:12 -0500

Can someone help me with another problem I'm having related to the P3
my kids have?

I need to re-install Windows 2000 on my son's P3. His Windows 2000
computer crashed last spring and his dad (lives elsewhere) installed
Windows XP on it but it never worked. We have two problems with that. A
.dll file is missing and we cannot create an internet connection
(dial-up networking) as the version of XP he installed is a networked
version and will only allow internet access through a server. Of
course, no such server exists in my home.

I went back to Superior Computers (they wanted $80 to re-install it for
me but I can't afford it) where I had bought the refurbished P3's and
they gave me a disc for Windows 2000 (a sticker on the side of the P3
has the code). I need some help getting Windows XP off the P3 and
Windows 2000 onto it. Can anyone help me?