[muglo] Re: Microsoft Internet

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:56:29 -0500

on 13/11/02 10:38, Marilyn Medcalf at marilyn@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Dear Mary - I am using Mac OS 9 on the old Bondi IMac, which has an internal
> modem. I have never had a problem before with the Internet. But I did change
> servers from gtn to rogers, and because we couldn't hook up my husband's
> machine to the system we decided to try High-Speed DSL. Unfortunately this
> didn't work either, as we couldn't get the modem to work - some problem with
> wirin - so we decided to stick to the dial up, which we arranged through
> gtn. However, I think the server is now DSL, so perhaps that's the problem.
> When I checked the Internet in the Control panels for Web, it reads as
> follows: Default Pages: Home Page - http://www.broadband.rogers.com and
> Search Page - http://livepage.apple.com/search - would this have something
> to do with the problem, ie having the Home Page set up with rogers?

I'm on utoronto.ca and I could access the rogers homepage just fine. The
problem with "server cannot be found" likely means that (a) there's a
problem with your ISP, (b) you need to restart your computer, or (c) you
have incorrect settings in your TCP/IP control panel (i.e. your DNS are out
of date/wrong/have been changed).

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>