[muglo] Re: Microsoft Internet

  • From: Marilyn Medcalf <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:38:05 -0500

Dear Mary - I am using Mac OS 9 on the old Bondi IMac, which has an internal
modem. I have never had a problem before with the Internet. But I did change
servers from gtn to rogers, and because we couldn't hook up my husband's
machine to the system we decided to try High-Speed DSL. Unfortunately this
didn't work either, as we couldn't get the modem to work - some problem with
wirin - so we decided to stick to the dial up, which we arranged through
gtn. However, I think the server is now DSL, so perhaps that's the problem.
When I checked the Internet in the Control panels for Web, it reads as
follows: Default Pages: Home Page - http://www.broadband.rogers.com and
Search Page - http://livepage.apple.com/search - would this have something
to do with the problem, ie having the Home Page set up with rogers?

Yes - I do mean launching the program, on which I double click and then I
get the message "The specified server could not be found".

As mentioned above, this happens after I double click on Internet Explorer.

Any answers??? Grateful for your help.

Marilyn