[muglo] Re: Microsoft Internet

  • From: "Alex" <admeddemda@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:32:23 -0500

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:38:05 -0500, "Marilyn Medcalf"
<marilyn@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> When I checked the Internet in the Control panels for Web, it reads as
> follows: Default Pages: Home Page - http://www.broadband.rogers.com and
> Search Page - http://livepage.apple.com/search - would this have
> something
> to do with the problem, ie having the Home Page set up with rogers?

try one of 2 things:
change the default home page to something else
change the search page to something like google.ca

OR,
leave everything as is, and when you start IE and get the error message,
click OK, and then type in the address of, say, google in the url field
(or pick something from your bookmarks).

solution number one would be more permanent.

At any rate, perhaps try these, and let the list know what happens.