[muglo] MS Word woes ?!

  • From: Ilbert Walker <walker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:24:48 -0500

Kathryn
I'm just a novice in these things , but from reading your cri-de-coeur,
it strikes me that you might save yourself a lot of hassles by
switching word processors?

Have just discovered this alternative WP - Meliel, for academics which
seems to be getting rave reviews from ex Word users

http://www.redlers.com/mellel.html

Might be worth exploring - and then dumping Word!

 From my own recent experience in switching to Panther  (and losing all
my URLs, Address Book and Email ) I recommend lots of backing up and
treading carefully, where even angels fear to go  !   :-)

With current SW problems I have with Safari and Mail, under Panther, I
find it useful in deciding whether I'm a dummy, by finding others with
like problems - by attending the Apple Support Discussion groups ( some
are so negative I'm amazed that Apple allows them! ) and also to access
VersionTracker
  http:/www.versiontracker.com/macosx/ ,  and read the Users comments on
any Mac Software .  Reassuring - if not inspiring !  and perhaps better
than pressing the delete key 39 times !!  :-)

Good luck

Ilbert