[muglo] Iomega Zips and OS 10.3.x

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:05:30 -0400

I just found out this week that Iomega has no plans whatsoever to
update the drivers for Zips for OS 10, past the current
version--10.2.  I am using OS 10.3.8 and I was advised by Iomega to
use the native OS 9 drivers on my combo iBook G3.  It works, but not
very well.  It is very slow to eject and I usually have to eject more
than once.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way around this problem?  I
am using 250 meg Zips.

I also burn CDs, but I use the Zips for quicker backups and then burn later.

Pls let me know.  Thanks.

Leith