[muglo] Re: ISPs - the final word

  • From: Tee Cashmore <tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:23:30 -0400

"Eric D." wrote:

> So what's their service? Do they piggy-back off Bell or provide their own
> service?
>
> Eric.

Eric,
    S'nice to see you in a non-ranting mood for a change!! Execulink.com
also gives one the option of buying the modem, thereby saving $10 a month.
AFIK they piggyback like everyone else, other than Cable; how else could
they provide the service?
    Terry Steeper is in the throws of providing to such ISPs a wireless
system for an area north & west of London; virtually ready for Prime Time as
it were. More news on that shorthly, when it is a going concern.
    As to previous posts re service, I agree with Martin, Bell have given me
great High Speed service & Tech help was reasonably Mac friendly. No need
for their help after using my own router, thereby bypassing Bell's software.
T'would be nice if Bell also gave one the choice of Modem purchase with a
monthly rebate.
    Execulink have an unusual choice of dial-up choices, which I don't
believe anyone else quite matches.
    Your advice to our Pres. re Terry Steeper is very welcome. Most Mac
stores are like car mechanics, they know how to replace, but not to fix
things.
TTFN,
TeeC

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>