[muglo] Re: ISPs - the final word

  • From: "Eric D." <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:48:33 -0400

on 26/8/02 15:23, Tee Cashmore at tee.cashmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> As to previous posts re service, I agree with Martin, Bell have given me
> great High Speed service & Tech help was reasonably Mac friendly. No need
> for their help after using my own router, thereby bypassing Bell's software.
> T'would be nice if Bell also gave one the choice of Modem purchase with a
> monthly rebate.

Bell Symcrapico, that's what I wanted to rant about (thanks for reminding me
Tee):

I recently saw a friend go through hell and back with Symcrapico high speed
edition in Waterloo. Their tech support was downright rude (& not very
knowledgeable), they were extremely greedy in their pricing (you pay in
advance and only for the full month even if you only get 1 day of service...
with Rogers I got the remainder of my month pro-rated when I cancelled with
them), their service was markedly slower (and less reliable) than cable (she
had experienced cable before), and their modem return policy is extremely
corrupt. You send the modem *via mail* to Bell and if they lose it, you get
charged $300 for a modem that isn't even worth $100 wholesale.

Furthermore, when she talked to the support person (because she was
concerned about mailing the modem) this support person (against company
policy I am sure) told her to make sure that the post-office registered the
mail (Bell didn't advise that in her package) because the chances of
*someone* "losing" the modem was rather high & that Bell would very quickly
withdraw the money from your bank account/credit card & this lady commented
that it was very difficult to get money out of Bell when they did finally
"find" the modem... (sounds like a disgruntled employee, or an employee who
had some scruples working for an unscrupulous business).

Eric.

going to <//www.freelists.org/archives/muglo>

<paulthomas@xxxxxxx>