[muglo] Re: Data Transfer

  • From: Crandall Benson <benson5354@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:26:02 -0400

The information from MAC Help may be of use
Crandall

Mac Help

Connecting two computers using Ethernet
You can use an Ethernet cable to connect two Macintosh computers and
share files or play network games.

Connect an Ethernet cable from the Ethernet port of one computer to
the Ethernet port on the other.
Open Sharing preferences on both computers and turn on Personal File
Sharing. Note the Computer Name for the computers.
On one of the computers, choose Go > Connect To Server and then click
Browse.
Double-click the other computer in the window and enter your
password, if necessary.
If you manually configured the TCP/IP settings for the built-in
Ethernet configuration on the computer you are connecting to, you may
need to enter that computer's TCP/IP address in the Connect To Server
dialog.

To see or set the TCP/IP address, open Network preferences and choose
your Ethernet port configuration from the Show pop-up menu (named
Built-in Ethernet unless you gave it another name).

See also
sharing files
Open this for me
Sharing preferences