[muglo] Re: COMMAND KEY

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:52:12 -0500

On 30/03/06, Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Today I tried looking it up in the help file and the manual and couldn=
=B9t
> find it in either. I have had my Mac now for 2 1/2 years and I have never
> found a use for it.

You've never found a use for the command key? (this supports my (and
Apple's ;-) argument that all commands need to be mouse-accessible).

The command key is sometimes referred to as the Apple key (since it
also has the Apple logo on it).

What it does is allow you to use keyboard short cuts to avoid having
to use the mouse.

If you are a touch typist it is especially useful, but, it is also
useful for hunt and peckers.

For example, you can save something quickly. If you are in a word
processor (or any application that allows you to save), you can press
command and s at the same time to save a document. You FIRST depress
command, then you press and release s, then you release command.

To open files, press command-o.

In the Finder, to get info on a file, press command-i.

To cut something, use command-x. To copy, command-c. To past,
command-v. To undo, command-z. (these four keys and command-s are the
most important keyboard shortcuts available).

Eric.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/