[muglo] Re: COMMAND KEY

  • From: Michael Ondieki <ondieki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:46:29 -0500

Hi Teresa,

The command key is basically a modifier key. its very similar to the =20
control (ctrl) key in Windows.
A lot of Windows keyboard short cuts thus translate to Mac short cuts =20=

by replacing the control key with the command key.
For example, control + C (copy)  is equivalent to Command + C on a =20
mac, Control + V (paste) is equivalent to Command + V on a mac etc.

Other short cuts that come in handy are command + Shift  + 3 ( takes =20
a snapshot of your desktop and places the picture on your desktop).
The definitive list of short cuts is available here http://=20
docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=3D75459   .

I hope this helps.

Take care