[muglo] Re: Admin Password

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx, muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:28:01 -0500

>When you are presented with the dialogue asking you for an admin password,
>I suspect you will see "Paul Thomas" already filled in. All you have to do
>is enter your password.
>
>If you have forgotten your password, insert the OS X install DVD (or CD)
>and "reset the password". I have never done this before so I can't guide
>you through it, but I suspect that it's not that difficult to find.

I should point out that you will have to restart and boot the OS X installl
CD/DVD. Insert the disk into the drive and hold down the c key when you
restart (or turn on) your computer. Keep holding it until you are certain
that the computer is booting off of CD. If that doesnt' work for you, set
the OS X install CD/DVD as the boot device in System Preferences:Startup
Disk and restart your computer.

ERic.