[muglo] A cool thing I taught my Mac to do

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: List MUGLO Online <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:13:35 -0500

I like to listen a CBC show called Roots & Wings but I don't always
have access to the radio at broadcast time and because of the nature
of the show, they cannot provide a podcast. As the CBC broadcasts
also on the Internet, the audio can be feed through my Mac's
connection. Wiretap can capture the audio. This was worth the cost of
the program because you can schedule it to launch and begin
recording. The problem, and the one distasteful thing about it all is
that the CBC broadcast is in Windows Media Format only. This
unfortunately requires WMP, the only MIcrosoft product on my Mac.
Flip4Mac can't capture this format.

So you need the URL out of Windows Media Player to setup Wiretap. It
is called  to launch by a script it sent to an iCal calendar of it's
own making. Wiretap launches WMP, WMP goes to the CBC URL and Wiretap
records the audio, saves it to iTunes.

Why are Humans the only primates with chins and nuclear weapons?
        __________<http://home.golden.net/~samu>__________

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/