[muglo] Connecting a Mac mini (PPC G4) to TV

  • From: "Eric Dunbar" <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mac-canada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:12:48 -0500

Hello all:

Does anyone know of an economical way of connecting a Mac mini to a TV?

I'm quite comfortable with a soldering iron and have made my own
computer-to-TV adapters before (my Quadra 700 supported B&W output to
NTSC so, with the help of a simple diagram I whipped up the
appropriate adapter... worked for year)

The Mac mini G4 1.25 GHz has a DVI port. Does the DVI spec provide for
NTSC signal output and are there generic adapters that connect DVI to
S-video or RCA NTSC (Composite)?

Also, I just did a quick Google before posting this and discovered this:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/70510/wo/j=
VTnO84279OG2JRuB931chLIORp/2.0.19.1.0.8.25.7.11.2.3

It's a DVI to Video Adapter and Apple sells it for CAD 25.

Is this what I'm looking for & does it work with the Mac mini? Anyone
have experience with it?

Does it provide the same quality of output as the S-video ports on a
PowerBook (presumably)?

Eric.

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/