[muglo] Re: A SonyPlaystation 2! Resending with correct date

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:40:45 -0500

>IIRC #2 there's a utility built into the Mac OS that'll decode UUencoded
>files (well, it's not so much IIRC as I'm fairly sure ;).

Curiosity got to me and I did a man uu* ;)

NAME
     uuencode, uudecode - encode/decode a binary file

SYNOPSIS
     uuencode [-m] [-o output_file] [file] name
     uudecode [-cips] [file ...]
     uudecode [-i] -o output_file [file]

DESCRIPTION
     The uuencode and uudecode utilities are used to transmit binary files
     over transmission mediums that do not support other than simple ASCII
     data.

     The uuencode utility reads file (or by default the standard input) and
     writes an encoded version to the standard output, or output_file if one
     has been specified.  The encoding uses only printing ASCII characters
and
     includes the mode of the file and the operand name for use by uudecode.

     The uudecode utility transforms uuencoded files (or by default, the
stan-
     dard input) into the original form.  The resulting file is named either
     name or (depending on options passed to uudecode) output_file and will
     have the mode of the original file except that setuid and execute bits
     are not retained.  The uudecode utility ignores any leading and
trailing
     lines.