[GeoStL] Re: pdas

  • From: Jean Squires <Iris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:55:23 -0800 (PST)

-
If you are going to buy a pda cheap isn't always better.  Once you find out
what it can do you may want to do more than your memory allows.  Also if you
only have an sd slot and want to take pictures and you need an sdio slot they
are not the same thing.  My husband ran into that problem.  He bought an HP
1910 and since then they have made the HP 1920 or 30 or something and it looks
exactly the same but it does so much more.  He is very limited and he is
p____d!  He just wanted something to play games on and have addresses and phone
numbers and now he wants to play music and pictures and do things like I do on
my big power horse and I told him to go bigger in the beginning and he didn't
want to.   Please look before you leap.  Make sure you see several machines and
the software and the options you would like.  A pda is much more than a
glorified gps device.  Heck, you can see movies on them these days, play games,
keep track of your car maintenance, learn a new language, count calories, track
your credit cards and checkbook with money and sync with your computer, I could
go on.  Take pictures.  Have a photo album, listen to and read books, listen to
music.  As you can see I am a hard core user.  I used to be a programmer and
now I am at home and I miss it terribly.  I want people to get the most (and
the best) for their money.  Happy hunting!  Ferreteer

Subject field