[GeoStL] Re: Today's group hunt

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 06:36:29 -0600

-
Andy, I think it is a neat name. I like it, it just has a certain ring to it. Bernie

Andy Sims wrote:

-

Susan,

I'd email this directly but I'll post it here because
others are bound to ask sooner or later.

I made up the name Yutty Yutbar when I was 12. I was
living in rural Alabama at the time and used my dad's
access to the internet through the univeristy he
taught at. It was my username for Usenet and Email. I had an email address as far back as 1984, when there
just wasn't really anynone for me to email. I did
used to post to newsgroups often though.

As for what it means...  Beats me.  Just a nonsense
name.  It stuck.  I tried changing in the mid 90's to
something else when I was on IRC a lot, but then
people from that would meet in person and I hated
having people yell out my new name in public.  People
yelling out Yutty I don't mind at all.

Anyway, it's a stupid nickname but after 19 years, why
change?

For a while, in my teens I started receiving postal
mail addressed to Yutty Yutbar.  I have no idea how
that started.

Best regards,

Yutty Yutbar

--- Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That was sure a lot of fun we had today.

Judi-sorry we didn't get to see you  break 100
today.  You are soooo close.

Dan, sorry you had to leave so early.  They actually
let me lead the caravan after you left.  Of course I
led everyone on one merry goose chase down I-55 and
then back up again!  I am perfecting my U-turn
technique.

Andy and Drei, thanks for taking over the task of
getting everyone back to their cars.  My husband was
quite pleased that I got home in time to go out to
dinner.  He said he might go with us next time.

Andy, I kept meaning to ask and forgot-where does
the name Yutty come from?

Susan

PS  Rich, did Charlotte enjoy our rendition of Happy
Birthday? :-)  It's kind of a shame that no one was
walking by on the trail to see us all singing into
the cell phone!