[GeoStL] Re: Today's group hunt

  • From: Andy Sims <yutty_666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 00:12:26 -0800 (PST)

-

Susan,

I'd email this directly but I'll post it here because
others are bound to ask sooner or later.

I made up the name Yutty Yutbar when I was 12.  I was
living in rural Alabama at the time and used my dad's
access to the internet through the univeristy he
taught at.  It was my username for Usenet and Email.
I had an email address as far back as 1984, when there
just wasn't really anynone for me to email.  I did
used to post to newsgroups often though.

As for what it means...  Beats me.  Just a nonsense
name.  It stuck.  I tried changing in the mid 90's to
something else when I was on IRC a lot, but then
people from that would meet in person and I hated
having people yell out my new name in public.  People
yelling out Yutty I don't mind at all.

Anyway, it's a stupid nickname but after 19 years, why
change?

For a while, in my teens I started receiving postal
mail addressed to Yutty Yutbar.  I have no idea how
that started.

Best regards,

Yutty Yutbar

--- Susan Ring <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That was sure a lot of fun we had today.
>
> Judi-sorry we didn't get to see you  break 100
> today.  You are soooo close.
>
> Dan, sorry you had to leave so early.  They actually
> let me lead the caravan after you left.  Of course I
> led everyone on one merry goose chase down I-55 and
> then back up again!  I am perfecting my U-turn
> technique.
>
> Andy and Drei, thanks for taking over the task of
> getting everyone back to their cars.  My husband was
> quite pleased that I got home in time to go out to
> dinner.  He said he might go with us next time.
>
> Andy, I kept meaning to ask and forgot-where does
> the name Yutty come from?
>
> Susan
>
> PS  Rich, did Charlotte enjoy our rendition of Happy
> Birthday? :-)  It's kind of a shame that no one was
> walking by on the trail to see us all singing into
> the cell phone!

Subject field