[GeoStL] Re: (Semi ngr)Camping Recommendations?

  • From: "tklnhl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:41:19 -0500

-
Thanks everyone for the camping suggestions.
We've driven through Meramec Sate Park in Sullivan many times, but never
paid attention to it with a "we might want to camp here some day eye."
Really, we've  mostly been interested in the buffets.

This would be a good place for us to try because it's in an area we "know"
and could always retreat to grandma and grandpa's when it gets too cold; too
hot; too wet etc. Also,, we could pick up our own firewood before going and
not have to pay for something we cut tons of every year.

I checked the Johnson Shut-Ins page and that looks like I remember it from
30+ years ago minus the hippies, snakes and  park rangers with thick necks.

Glenn addressed our "needs".  We CAN be pretty easy going.  A nice level,
shady, non-windy, pine-scented, soft-ground dry spot for a tent. Electricity
for my microwave..  the usual  camping needs.  A short walk to a
not-too-deep river or water, preferably with sand so castles can be built,
or a longer walk/drive with no sand so my car doesn't get dirty...  toilets
that flush and don't smell like they have not been pumped out in 14 or more
years ... (ran into a set of HORRIBLE HORRIBLE set of nonflushers in an
Arkansas park.)

We're not 100% inexperienced,  just not in recent history and never with a
bizzy 6 yr old.

Nancy

butt rot

Subject field