[GeoStL] SLAGA memberships; Standard and Contributing

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:46:23 -0600

-
It is time for SLAGA to explain the new
membership types being implemented in the
Organization. I expect the elected officers
to step in when necessary to help explain it.
An email blast to the general membership
will be sent out shortly.  Our plan is to
put the membership types into effect starting
January 1, 2006.
We have done research by contacting other
geocaching organizations on how they run
their membership.  Mid-Tennessee asks for
$5 a year and their members get no benefits
at all.  They pay the dues because they want
to help their group move forward and
maintain their presence on the web and in
the community.

We decided after reviewing the money going
in and out of the treasury the past few
years and taking into account the things
we want to accomplish in the group (both
for our membership and for the general
public), we would try a PAYING / NON-PAYING
dues structure.

STANDARD MEMBERSHIP (NO DUES)
If you are an existing SLAGA member and you
continue to fit the eligibility rules
defined in the SLAGA bylaws (see Article II
- Membership at http://tinyurl.com/ab9ov),
you automatically have a Standard Membership.
No dues required.  Not much changes for you.
You still geocaching and attend SLAGA events
as you always have.

We won't, however, track your stats on the
web site anymore.  That's all you lose. This
was against my better judgement, however,
stats are a novelty and I can drop that web
page completely at my own discretion.

CONTRIBUTING MEMBERSHIP (ANNUAL DUES)
A Contributing Membership is one that pays
dues and will receive additional benefits.
See "Dues / Benefits" at http://tinyurl.com/8q7nl
for due amounts and membership benefits.

No matter how delicately we try to explain
this, there will be misunderstandings and hurt
feelings. I know its an easy expression to use,
but "You can't please everyone."

Paul Konopacki
SLAGA President 2005-2006

Subject field