[GeoStL] Re: Off Subject Topics ect.

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:03:29 -0600

-
You have yet to see a personal attack. You *have* seen a snot nose kid tell everyone here what to do, threaten to gather info about all the geocaches in his area and turn them over to the authorities that can seriously harm the work that folks are doing here, run off countless members and on and on. You have only seen the tip of the iceberg of communications with him asking him to tone down, hang around and learn whats what before speaking. He refuses to comply. I am not going to let him destroy everything that has been going on here.

He does have a right to his opinion on an open forum, public place.

I am done with him. y'all can do what you want with him. [1] If he continues to p*ss off members here I will have someone from the group deal with him and all the other members. Really, thatet is no need to wait. Who is going to take charge of the expert? Elect yourself and get back with him. y'all have his email address from the list.

Yes, i do remember what it is like to be 14. I would not even have had the gall to invite myself to someones group and act the way he has. My youngest son is *at least* and probablly much more hyper and overbearing as the Expert. He is nothing now to me. He will have limits of behavior here just like at home.

like i said, i am done with him.

Discuss what you what however you want, it is basically your group. y'all set the limits of what is proper and what you will tolerate. All i have been hearing for the last 3 weeks is "do something with the kid". *I* have NOT unsubbed him , If he unsubbs, it is of his own doing. If you all want him back (if he is even gone) let him know. I am sure he will have something to say and will be back in an instant.

gln
BTW nothing offends me, i generally dont remember anything that long.  :-)

1. [mutton]

At 02:51 PM 1/26/2003 -0600, Eric & Dayna East wrote:
-
I agree that Chris has some maturing to do but, like Dan said, he is only 14 & we
need to all remember what it was like for us at that age. Glenn we've never met
(although i'd like to & i'm sure we will) so, I hope this message doesn't offend
you or ruin any chance for a good relationship in the future but, I must say that
I believe some of your comments to Chris were a bit immature & hateful in their
own right. I understand that you are frustrated but, personal attacks should
definitely not be a part of this or any forum.

Thanks & God bless!

Eric

Dan Henke wrote:

> -
> Too all in this geocaching group,
>
> I have belonged on and off to a number of different
> groups over the years and I find that off topic
> subjects tend to dominate a group after a while due to
> there only being so much of a given subject. It also
> happens after people have met and get to know one
> another better. For instance I have met a lot of the
> people here personally and I do have an interest in
> how they are doing. It is something that happens and I
> personally enjoy talking with others about other
> things besides geocaching. If you want to make this a
> "geocaching only" group I guess that will be fine but
> it will not be nearly as interesting. While I have
> been in this mailing list for a while,though not as
> long as some of the old timers, MOST of the
> conversation has dealt with geocaching so I don't
> quite see the problem.
> Secondly, as far as Chris goes ....he is young and can
> be annoying at times (hell I have a 14 year old myself
> I should know) but he does have a right to express his
> opinion and should be given the opportunity....if you
> don't want to read his posts just delete them.
>
> Sorry for ranting and I apologize in advance to any
> who might be offended but this is just my 2 cents
> worth.
>
> Dan (Thunder)