[GeoStL] Re: Nothing like seeing a strange message from your self...

  • From: Nathan Rover <nrover@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:52:00 -0600

Two-factor authentication is the best if the system supports it. Then the
use of pass phrases over passwords and for simple sites that you don't care
about or don't trust, a utility like LastPass is the way to go. That way
each site can have it's own unique password.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2012/04/make-your-email-hacker-proof.html

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2005/07/passwords-vs-pass-phrases.html

https://lastpass.com

If you want to take LastPass to the next level combine it with a YubiKey

http://www.yubico.com/products/yubikey-hardware/yubikey/

--
Cheers,

Nathan Rover