[GeoStL] Re: New Garmin Colorado GPS

  • From: "Michael Griffin" <mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:00:17 -0600

-
* Pre-loaded with detailed Coastal U.S. marine charts including Great
Lakes, Hawaii and Alaska
* Unique ''Rock 'N' Roller'' input device
* 65K Color TFT display
* 240 x 400 pixels
* 16 hours on AA batteries
* Accepts SD cards for optional downloaded maps
* 2-axis electronic compass
* Altimeter
* Temperature sensor
* Waterproof
* ANT(tm) Communications to wirelessly exchange routes, tracks,
waypoints, and geocaches between two units
* Paperless Geocaching supports display of detailed geocache information

I like the last feature. They have needed this for a LONG LONG LONG
time. I hate having to manually enter caches when someone in your group
has them on their GPS. As far as buying it right away, I will wait for
the price to drop 100 bucks and the 50 dollar rebate becomes available.

Nice unit thought!

Mike Griffin