[GeoStL] Re: NGR: SD vs. CF

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"Geocaching Newsgroup" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:22:24 -0600

-
I do not know the specific answer to your question but I have a 256 meg Sandisk SD card that i play music from all the time and it works well for me in the Toshibia...

glenn

At 10:16 AM 12/28/2003, Chris Binder wrote:

I have a Dell Axim and I have a 256 MB Sandisk CompactFlash card. This holds everything I want on it, but when I try and store music, the playback gets really choppy. A few threads on <http://www.aximsite.com>www.aximsite.com say something about CompactFlash not being fast enough and that SanDisk is an inferior brand. Is this true? Would anyone hazard a guess to how fast CF cards are read?
More posts on AximSite mention Secure Digital cards being faster than CompactFlash because they were designed for music. Then they mention to not get SanDisk either. I don't know if SanDisk cards are plagued by a shortage of speed or if CompactFlash in general is just slow. I send an e-mail to SanDisk support, I should get a response on either Monday or Tuesday.
Does anyone have a Lexar 128 MB Secure Digital or CompactFlash card? If so, are they fast enough to store and play MP3 files? Do they perform well?

~Chris