[GeoStL] Re: NFR (not food related) Re: Geocaching Ethics Question

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 14:05:09 -0500

-
Actually --  I was being funny.  LOL
BUT..

No. No vacillating here. We like numbers lol.
Just haven't had much time and it's a killer watching others who have been
doing this for six months have twice as many finds as we have after 3 1/2
years. Numbers, numbers, numbers ... we like numbers. While we may not have
as many finds, we try to assuage our jealousy by focusing on longevity and
internet fringe activity related to geocaching -- like this email list for
example, and that simply by being around we've amassed some kind  of .
something  ...  or  ..  other.

As for journeys, darn, we seem to have a "journey" whether it's a micro on a
signpost or a climb up rocks on Needles Highway. Often times we have a
"journey" regardless of our goal NOT to have one. Our journeys include twice
being locked out of our car (once without a phone in 15 degree weather) as
well as that walk to the waterfall we wouldn't have found had it not been
for caching. We honestly have only ONE cache that we could say "it's not
about the numbers" -- part one of "A Tale of Two Parks." We FINALLY found
part one and after that, that's all we needed lol. THAT journey was behind
us. FOR GOOD!  (Sorry Rich)

Wait --  maybe we're just dolts with stories.  There are times we say cache
in spite of ourselves.  LOL

Nancy

From: "Robert Oelschlaeg= er"
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject= : [GeoStL] Re: Geocaching Ethics Question

-
"Adam, wouldn't y= ou like to have a taste of this luscious-looking
apple?"=3D

-- I'= m sure the story went something like that.
I agree with Kevin. I've b= een deleting this thread when it popped up
once=3D
,
twice and th= en a third time.

The TBs weren't in the caches, they can't be log= ged as having been there
(unless your name is Foo Foo the Snoo).
=
That's my 2=3DA2 worth.

It's a shame that they went all that = distance and can only log having
visited a virtual cache, but that's = what happens sometimes :-(

Bob (aka roelsch)

On 3/16/07, = kolaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

= >-
>If It was me, I log them all in the v-cache and then log = them all out.
>That
>the only cache you did. Just my thou= ght. You just have to hate those
tr=3D
ips
>where you can't g= et your geocaching in, dont ya? :) Kevin K-TEAM
>----- Original M= essage -----

trade,=3D
or
>at= least get them some mileage. The geocaching turned out to be a big
&g= t; disappointment. We visited four countries and travelled over 4000
naut= i=3D
cal
>miles over fourteen days, and in all that time we w= ere only able to
log=3D

>one
>virtual cache. The loca= tiions of the caches in relation to our ports
of=3D

>call >just weren't conducive to geocaching. (As a side note, we substitut=
ed t=3D
he
>time we would have spent looking for caches with = time spent looking
for=3D

>our
>luggage. The airlines= lost it and it didn't catch up with us until day
>nine
>= of the cruise.)
>
>My question is this.... Would it be acc= eptable to log the bugs and
coin=3D
>in
>and out of= the cache nearest to our ports of call so that they can get
>cre= ditfor the miles traveled even though I did not find the caches. In
&= gt; some
>cases the closest I got to a cache was 20 or 30 miles. = Naturally I
woul=3D
>log
>these as a note and would= not claim a find for myself.
>
>Let me know what you thin= k.
>Mark
>Sniper1
>

>____________=
___________________________________________________________=3D
_
= >AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's fr= ee

= >****************************************
>For List Info or T= o make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from
th=3D
is
>= list, click -----> //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching
>M= issouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw
>=

th=3D
is
>list, click -----> http://www.freelist= s.org/list/geocaching
>Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived h= ttp://tinyurl.com/87cqw

=3D

thi=3D
list, click -----> http://ww= w.freelists.org/list/geocaching =3D

Missouri Caches Scheduled to = be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw

For List Info or To make _ANY_ chang= es, including unsubscribing from this