[GeoStL] Maps for pocket PC (PPC)

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:11:45 -0600

-
I have been messing around with the demo version of Mapopolus maps and they seems pretty slick. I can actually see the map on the bigger screen of the PDA vs the tiny screen of the GPS. DownLoading the map is a little tough tho.

If anyone out there has experience with PPC mapping and possibly Topo stuff and is looking to get rid of the CD set, I think i may be interested in taking said programs off your hands (at a reasonable price of course)

The demo seems odd in that to find a place, it seems that you need the address. Point to a spot on the map and saying "take me there" would be real durn handy. Still playing.......

glenn