[GeoStL] Katy Trail trip 2009

  • From: Gary Braman <Gary.Braman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:47:56 -0700

-
Bike? Train? Cache?  Why not?

My new year's resolution for 2009 is to bike the entire 225 miles of the
Katy Trail.

I plan to make this ride in May or June  of 2009.

I think that I am going to park my truck in Sedalia and jump the Amtrak
to Kirkwood? and bike back to Clinton and then catch a shuttle back to
Sedalia. The one way fare from Sedalia to St. Louis is only $23 plus $10
for the bike (no tandems.)  I'm not sure if I'm going to camp or hole up
in a hotel / B&B.  This will depend on who is accompanying me on the
trip I'm sure.

I'm looking for anyone that may be interested in joining me on this
adventure.  I'm just in the beginning stages of planning and would also
like any information or advise from people who have already completed
the ride or part of the ride.

MR340 in 2010 ???

Thanks!

Gary Braman