[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching in the cold

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:04:42 -0800 (PST)

-
Is this an argument for using ammo boxes? :D ....I
have had no problems opening plastic containers even
on the coldest days though and there has been no
cracking or splitting etc.....but I am always careful
about opening them so maybe that is the key.
Interesting thought though ... will make me think the
next cache I do :D

Dan (Thunder)

--- Geocachette@xxxxxxx wrote:
> If the cache were hidden in a tupperware or other
> plastic container, opening
> it during freezing conditions would likely damage
> the container and get the
> cache contents wet.
>
> I have been surprised by the number of logs where
> people have actually opened
> plastic containers on cold days.
>
> I'd like to hear your comments?
>

> Georgie

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......