[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching in the cold

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:52:31 -0600

-
I'll go along with Dan on this one too. I think the true "Tupperware"
containers (which we don't see much off) and the good Rubbermaid containers
hold up pretty good in the cold. Of course we haven't had much sub zero
temps for any length of time the past several years. The containers that
seem to cause the problem are the cheaper plastic "Gladware" type that even
break in the summer. I'll put one of the Rubbermaid ones in the freezer for
a couple of days and see what happens.

Rich