[BNU] Re: switching note takers

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: willwalsh14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:51:35 -0400

No regrets necessary; the only ones who should be sorry are Humanware. Do not
forget that the Braille Sense line exists as well - I am not entirely convinced
that an Android-based device will work as well as a Sense or Braillenote, but I
have no personal experience to back that up. Best of luck in your transition,
and keep us informed. It would be good to get the perspective of a BSP18 user
on this list, since that is the one machine no one here seems to own yet.
On May 21, 2013, at 10:36 AM, Will Walsh <willwalsh14@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am here to regretfully inform you that there is a 85 percent chance that
> I'll probably be getting school funds to switch over to a braille plus 18.
> The apex simply is not sufficient enough to perform the daily tasks that I
> will need to be performing in progression of cy high school years and in
> college.  The outdated browser and the word processor just won't cut it.
> And, keysoft is such a closed platform.  We can't get ny sdk or anything.  I
> heard that APH was planning to update the android on the device soon, and I
> think they're on the right track.  I honestly have to say that I don't think
> HW will update anytime soon.  I have a feeling that their lack of resources
> they have are big problem, and therefore I can't continue to use the BN that
> much longer.  I have watched possibly one of the very best note taker
> developers go down hill over the years.  I will keep my apex though, just
> incase HW proves us wrong and releases some miraculous update, but I
> personally wouldn't count on it.
> -------------------------------
> BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
> from Humanware.
> Website: www.braillenoteusers.info
>
> IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that
> your reply would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in
> your email client.
>
> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject
> line of "unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> You can also visit our list page at:
> www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
> From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
> list archives.
>
> If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an
> email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx