[BNU] off topic braille plus

  • From: richard fiorello <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Braillenote <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:53:45 -0400

Hi;
I hope this goes to the correct address because I have been getting out of office auto reply messages but the address looks correct. I had the opportunity to see the new braille plus last year at a c b and there are two things you and the taxpayers that are buying this should consider. First of all if the battery dies it has to go back and we don't want to think how much a replacement will cost. To me the fact that the battery isn't user changeable is serious! Secondly, the unit isn't made by aph its made by level star. If you have a service issue it has to go back to aph first, they look and generally can't fix it so they send it off to level star. After level star fixes the unit they send it back to aph not the customer and aph then sends it back to you. I owned the original braille plus and loved it but when it had to go back for servicing it took forever. Unfortunately both hims and humanware are using similar operating systems although it seems that hims is more eager to make changes to keep there unit as functional as possible.
richard
sent from my braille note

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view