[bksvol-discuss] Re: who we are

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:14:59 -0500

I would add that RFB&D has always sought to serve primarily a student audience. Bookshare's aim seems to be to serve a wider audience by being a place for user input.

RFB&D can and does refuse to do books which are not student needs. Bookshare chooses to be a place where folks can scan in quirky material.

It also apparently is seeking means of support other than user input. I gather too few blind people subscribe and many are saying it is for financial reasons.

Has anyone ever seen any answers to any of this such as feedback from the surveys?
E.