[bksvol-discuss] Re: strange occurrence with rtf file

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:19:10 -0600

I know pretty much nothing about open book other than I have heard
complaints like that before.  I think that what is happening is that Open
Book is leaving some of its formatting junk in the file when it is
converted, which is really unacceptable.  I don't know what rquote could be,
but the backslash par sounds like something marking paragraphs.  I would try
saving your file in DOC format as the last step when you are finished
editing it.  Then try to open that in Word or Wordpad and see if you have
the same junk.  If you don't you can just save to RTF in Word or wordpad and
the junk character problem will be solved.  You can hope that no new
problems appear do to the added conversion step.

I would certainly contact Freedom Scientific about your problem, though.
Companies need to know about it when their products miss behave, especially
when it's something as stupid as your problem.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/