[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner buying advice

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 21:55:29 -0600

If you want an extremely durable scanner, optimized for document scanning,
 that can scan a page in just about 2 seconds,  you may want to try the
EPSON GT-2500.  Lists for $595 but is usually retailed for less.  See
features and specs at:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63059818

And it has apparently an absolute killer document feeder to boot!

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
01/06/2008 09:17 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanner buying advice

Hi. If you're looking for a small, fast scanner, you might consider the
Canon LIde scanners. I have used them for years, and they work well. I
have owned a LiDe 30 and a LiDe 70, and both of them have served me well.
The LiDe 30 scanned over a thousand books for me before it died after
around five years of almost daily use. The software that comes with this
line of scanners stays out of the way and doesn't interfere with Kurzweil
in any way. I bought mine from Office Depot, and Staples has these
scanners too. This scanner is light and slim enough to fit into a laptop
bag, so it can travel with you if you're in school or want to scan a
reference book at your library. I'm interested to see what others will
recommend for you. I hope this helps.

Monica Willyard

Siobhan wrote:
Hi all.  I'm ditching my old epson, and would rather not use them again.
they're ok for printers, but I can't instal the one I had with out help,
so unless epson wised up, I don't want to get another one.  I'm not a
brand hog, I just want a fast scan using k1000 not a huge one so it won't
take up room, pretty quiet, and not that expensive.