[bksvol-discuss] Re: question: Re: page breaks

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:58:10 -0600

Gisela,  if there are clear chapter headers,  insert page breaks prior to
each header to start with.

If there are also consistent page headers or page numbers insert a page
break at what appears to be the top of each page.

If there are no obvious page numbers or headers,  try inserting a page
break every 30 lines or so.

If the document  looks like a totally unstructured blob,  trash it.
Remember:  you may be spending many hours trying to fix a book which may
take only a couple of hours to rescan properly.

Thanks,  Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Gisela Vazquez" <gvazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/09/2004 08:26 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] question: Re: page breaks

ok,
I have a question reguarding this issue. I'm validating Riptide by
Catherine Coulter.  the scanning is more than good but there do not appear
to be pagebreaks though most of the numbers appear.  It's a txt fileDo I
reject it?  How does that work? the book is a great Mystery and i'm on
chapter 5 by the way.