[bksvol-discuss] Re: need some help--three doors to death

  • From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:16:28 -0700

Hello Mike,

I like the idea of having volunteers outside of in house, or like we use to
say on AOL  in the outhouse, do some of the day to day busy work. I worked
for AOL for 12 years four as a volunteer and 8 as an area leader. I think it
is getting less now but at one time they had over 10,000  volunteers who
helped run the system. There are some very computer savvy users who could
help the over all operation.

One of these duties could be to cross check these types of books when it is
a minor mistake. Other things could be keeping the Marissa list updated,
watching the site for duplicates and clearing them out when needed, etc.

This would allow those in-house to take care of the nuts and bolts of
keeping the business running.

Kaitlyn
Healing Practitioner
"The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life, which is required to
be exchanged for it immediately or in the long run."
Henry Thoreau