[bksvol-discuss] Re: hold for....

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 10:24:38 -0500 (EST)

Robin

"hold fors" are no problem as long as the intended recipient picks up the
book in a reasonable amount of time.
By looking at the history of the book, you can tell just how long the book
has been sitting there.
If it is over a week or 2, and you wished to validate the book,
personally, I would have no qualms about doing so as the intended
recipient should have had ample time to grab it.
This is a courtesy more than anything else; as obviously, a "hold for"
cannot be enforced from a practical standpoint.
Reasons for "hold fors" include what you've mentioned, the personal
working relationship between certain submitters'validators, that someone
requested the book and has agreed to validate, and I could go on and on.
As I said, if the person targed picks up and validates the book, then this
hardly is a problem.