[bksvol-discuss] Re: HTML

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:16:26 -0600

Mickey,

There was some discussion on the list last month by Jake, Pratik, and myself
as to whether or not page breaks are even supported by the HTML standard
since page breaks aren't normally found in HTML files.  I do know Word
allows page breaks in HTML files, so you can try validating one of the books
in Word if you like.  I've written Janice that the issue needs to be looked
into since if the HTML standard doesn't support page breaks, then HTML needs
to be dropped from the acceptable formats for submission.  If you do try
validating one of the books, then please let me know if you are able to
verify whether or not the book you validate contains page breaks.

HTH

Gerald