[bksvol-discuss] Re: e-books

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:54:58 -0800

Hi. I don't know what your specific interests are as far as ebook titles, but take a look at Project Gutenberg. With almost 15,000 ebooks to choose from, there is bound to be something that you'll like. As for accessibility, almost all are in plain text so would very easily translate to brf. I can help with this if you need it. I can also send you a zip file with the index of almost all 15,000 titles. The only potential drawback is that all titles are before 1922 because of US copyright law. Check this out! All of them are in the public domain. Another site you might look at is blackmask.com. His files are in many different formats including pdf, html and others. I always had very good luck with the pdf files.

http://gutenberg.org/

At 11:48 AM 12/30/2004 -0600, you wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a place I can purchase e-books that are accessible. I remember someone saying in the past that many of the e-books found in .pdf format were not accessible. I think, if my memory serves me well, that the discussion mentioned amazon.com as a website in which the e-books were not accessible. Is there any place I can get accessible ones? My intention is to purchase an e-book and then translate it into .brf and read it with my braille lite. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.