[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning with Fine Reader

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:55:41 -0600

Steve,  welcome to the list.  If you are using Fine Reader 7,  try
grayscale at 400DPI,  two pages per scan, and no decolumnization.  I do
not know exactly the name of those settings on the product,  but you
should be able to find them.  The real expert on Fine Reader Pro is Donna
Smith,  but she may be away on holidays.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Steven M. Sawczyn" <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
12/30/2004 09:51 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

"Bookshare volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Scanning with Fine Reader

Greetings, I'm new to this list and to scanning books in general.
Currently, I'm using Fine Reader pro as an OCR program and given the
overall
accuracy of Fine Reader, I thought it might be fun to try and scan a few
books.  As I've never done this before, I'd appreciate any tips/tricks,
especially as they relate to Fine Reader.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks and it's great to be part of the list,

Steve