[bksvol-discuss] Re: e: Re: Comment from the staff about Adult Content Filtering

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:40:58 -0800 (PST)

Fanny Hill, aka The Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure,
was originally written in the 18th century--and by a
man, John Cleland. I read it before I noticed the
author's name, somehow, and was totally surprised it
was written by a man. There are some newer (1999)
editions or reprints out.

It is in the collection in public domain, downloaded
by anyone, but it is rated Adult, honestly. I see, in
reading a brief bio of Cleland that among other books
he wrote one called the The Memoirs of a Coxcomb. This
is not in our collection. smile.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/