[bksvol-discuss] Re: books searching and cookbooks

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:29:31 -0500

Other people have already mentioned cooking without looking and other good
books which are available, but since you specifically mentioned Betty
Crocker I would suggest to look at National Braille Press' website at
www.nbp.org
This is what their Betty Crocker Book says:

Betty Crocker and Gold Metal Product Preparation Directions

A complete directory of 145 product package directions for Betty Crocker and
General Mills products.

General Mills has updated their complete directory of product package
directions in this third edition (copyright 2000). There's something in here
for everyone:
from Suddenly Salad Caesar Pasta Salad Mix to Hash Brown Potatoes or Four
Cheese Mashed Potatoes; breads like Traditional White or Raisin-Oatmeal; or
all
the sweet stuff, like Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Muffin Mix or
Strawberry Yogurt Cake. It's all here - one hundred and forty-five package
directions
- enough for years' worth of convenient cooking.

I'm not sure what electronic format it comes in, but it is available both on
floppy and CD.
I personally bought it before it was available in electronic format, so have
it in braille, but it's honestly not all that huge. It is three volumes, but
they are the thinner floppy volumes like which magazines come in, and not
the huge hardcover kind.
I don't seem to see it available in braille any more. I wonder what happened
there.. hmm?
Tiffany