[bksvol-discuss] Re: best position for page numbers?

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:04:15 -0600

Blank lines are probably optional before a header and under a footer.

However,  I believe that at this time a blank line may be mandatory
immediately following a header, and immediately preceeding a footer.

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

"Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
01/16/2008 12:18 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] best position for page numbers?

Before the weekend, a couple people said they would experiment and
determine the answer as to how best to position page numbers, i.e., at the
very top of the page (or bottom) or with a blank line between the number
and the page break.  I am very anxious to know the answer, as I'm about
done validating something (unless I have to go back through and add blank
lines.)
Thanks.
Tracy