[bksvol-discuss] Re: Will place it here too!

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 19:34:59 -0600

I think it's going to be nearly impossible to satisfy everyone. I
would hope that text quality would come before the page break issue.
One confusing thing about page breaks too is that depending on the
program used, some people don't even see them and might mistakenly
believe that a book has no page breaks. I agree that page breaks are
more crucial in textbooks, and really not at all in novels and the
like.

But here's a thought. Wouldn't it be possible to create a program that
wouold work along the same line as a header stripper, only it would go
through and insert pagebreaks if there weren't any? Or maybe there is
such a program out there somewhere?

Pam