[bksvol-discuss] Re: Volunteer scanned books VS publisher quality submits

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:50:24 -0500

Volunteer scanned books VS publisher quality submits
Hi Folks,

A book I proofread was replaced with a PQ copy several months after I
uploaded it.  The submitter had done a fabulous job, and I had read it all
the way through and corrected scannos.  has nothing to do with how good a
job we do.  If the publisher submits a copy of what we have done, the PQ
book automatically replaces our work.  I am not going to stop proofing
because of it though.  I hope this doesn't start a thread because I do not
know if it applies to books with picture descriptions.  I hope not.  (smile)

Sue S.