[bksvol-discuss] Re: Three new requests for nonfiction books

  • From: Misha <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:15:08 -0800

I think what Sharon meant is that a sighted person could read the equations out loud from a print copy of the book, and the validator could type this spoken version of the equation into the rtf file. You are still right that this would take a fairly long time, though.

Misha

Carrie Karnos wrote:
How is someone going to place square root signs, integral signs, etc into an .rtf book? Is there a way to hit some keys and put those symbols in? Actually what's needed is for the Finereader software to recognize those symbols and put them into the .rtf file. Without Finereader cooperating, it would take many hours to put all those symbols in by hand...

Or am I not understanding something?

Thanks, Carrie